The mechanization of order picking has many advantages, especially when the typical order profile requires a large number of picks from stock.
The concept of Goods-to-person (or Goods-to-man) automation consists of eliminating the need for operators to move during picking operations. The picker remains at a fixed station, while the goods are picked, sequenced and routed to him automatically.
This has many advantages:
- Efficiency: a very high performance is made possible by the speed of the machines and the total elimination of travel time
- Ergonomics and safety: the operators do not carry heavy loads and have an ergonomic workstation, which reduces the risk of accidents
- Accuracy: the presence of a human-machine interface and decision support devices almost completely eliminates picking errors
- Service commitment: orders are prioritized and sequenced by computer, allowing for excellent responsiveness
Numerous technical solutions meet the principle of Goods-to-person order picking. This is the case, for example, with:
- Mini-Load or Mini-Transporter systems
- station systems
- AGVs for containers or shelves
- horizontal or vertical carousels
As a Project Management Assistant, SDZ ProcessRéa assists its customers in :
- the identification of the most appropriate technologies for their logistics flow
- the detailed design of their system in connection with all the interfaces concerned (IT, civil engineering, etc.)
- contracting and administrative engineering of their project
- project management during the study and construction phases.
SDZ is a member of the European material handlings federation and of EVOLIS, the French professional organization for capital goods.